FAQ: Let's Talk about my Sim's 2 🌠ZODIAC🌠 System

    I use Lazy Duchess' RPC Launcher to start my games, which has a built in mod that disconnects the personality to the zodiacs. People with the same zodiac signs can have very different personalities IRL, so why not in the sim's as well? To have the Zodiac chemistry be similar to IRL, I use Dread Pirate's Zodiac Overhaul Tweaks. While the specifics of real-life zodiac chemistry are not an interest of mine, I do use this as a bit of realism. To further make Zodiac signs align like real life, I have calculated the seasons/days/times for each zodiac sign for my 16 day sim year. To do this for yourself you'll have to do a number of calculations:

    Each season has 3 zodiacs, but we need to figure out how that works with the condensed seasons of the sims games.

1. The number of Days in a Sim Year divided by 12 signs equals how many days each zodiac gets.
16 ➗ 12 = 1.3 (Each Zodiac gets 1.3 days)

2. Take the decimal and multiply it by 24 to get the extra hours.
.333333 X 24 = 8 this means (8 hours into the next day will be the previous Zoidac sign.)

3. You might have to get some clock graphics for this one. At least that's how I did it.  I ended up making my own graphic to represent a season, before I wrote out my complete table.

With this mapped out, I created my own table showing everything. 
       

Season

Sign

Spring 1

Aires

Spring 2

♈♉

Aires till 8AM then Taurus

Spring 3

♉♊

Taurus till 4PM then Gemini

Spring 4

Gemini

Summer 1

Cancer

Summer 2

♋♌

Cancer till 8AM then Leo

Summer 3

♌♍

Leo till 4PM then Virgo

Summer 4

Virgo

Fall 1

Libra

Fall 2

♎♏

Libra till 8AM then Scorpio

Fall 3

♏♐

Scorpio till 4PM then Sagittarius

Fall 4

Sagittarius

Winter 1

Capricorn

Winter 2

♑♒

Capricorn till 8AM then Aquarius

Winter 3

♒♓

Aquarius till 4PM then Pisces

Winter 4

Pisces


    If twins are born on the second or third days of the season, I will give each twin a a different sign. Otherwise their birthday will determine their sign. There isn't a mod for this that I know of, but I'm usually in SimPE after every round anyway to get the sim's profile and family pictures so I'll change it to the appropriate one then. I won't change the zodiacs of premade adults because I don't want to ruin any zodiac chemistry they might have. 

    In one of my tracking notebooks, I have printed out and pasted this handy sheet for myself, that has my zodiac table and dread pirate's zoidac chemistry so I don't have to look for the docs on my computer during stream time. 

Comments

  1. Thank you! I'm downloading this and will start using this system as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 to 2 Traits Project Mod Tracking Sheet